People and family
Our fairy godmother:
We don't claim to have fairies round here as a rule. But there may be one exception: Barbara Branco-Schiess has all the hallmarks of being the Palace's fairy godmother. As our Guest Relations Manager, she knows everyone – and everyone knows her.
Scroll to discover more
But what many don't know is that she also met her husband Luis here. Or to be precise, a floor lower, in the underground area of the Palace, for Luis is our all-round handyman. And he too has the magic touch – just like Barbara.
Dream couple Branco-Schiess have their say
Barbara and Luis Branco-Schiess – Guest Relations Manager, named Guest Relations Manager of the Year by BILANZ (Swiss economics magazine) in 2023 & All-round Handyman
- Home: Lauenen
- A couple since: 2000, married since: 2004
- First date: At the Country Night Gstaad
- Who wears the trousers: At home Barbara, outside the home Luis
- He makes her laugh: "... when he sings to me."
- What he still needs to learn: "Cooking with a cookbook – when he’s in charge, we always have freestyle creations for dinner," says Barbara.
- What he likes most about her: "Her charm and direct manner."
Barbara's secret places
Barbara grew up in Canton Thurgau in the lowlands, but now lives in the Lauenen valley and knows the Saanenland like the back of her hand. She loves taking our guests – equipped with an amply stocked Palace rucksack of course – to the most beautiful spots in the area's quiet side valleys. On request, Barbara can also accompany guests to a private lunch on the Walig Alp. An experience not to be missed!